Monday, July 25, 2011

What would you do?

Today I am asking, "What would you do?"  What would you do if you were the first person in line to get some work done at a hospital lab, and you ended up being the last one seen even though you have three kids waiting with you?  I usually allow my children to play within the bounds of civility.  In this circumstance there was an open area where they were running around chasing each other. While I had just asked them to keep their voices down a bit, a man came up to them and told them to "stop running or you will hurt yourself."  I was standing within a few feet of them when he said it.  When my two-year-old son didn't immediately stop running he told him again to stop and this time put a little of the authoritative voice in the mix.  Now, I ask:  "Should he have told my children what to do when I was standing immediately there watching them run around?"  "How would you have handled the situation after an hour of waiting for a ten minute blood draw?"

No comments:

Post a Comment